1. The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 e-mails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.
2. 70% of virus writers actually work under a contract for an organization.
3. Up until the 14th of September, 1995, domain registration was free.
4. Symbolics.com is the first and oldest registered domain name. It completed 28 years on 15th March, 2013.
5. Mosaic was the first popular web browser which was released in 1993.
6. Sweden has the highest percentage of internet users, they are 75%.
7. A program named “Rother J” was the first computer virus to come into sight “in the wild” — that is, outside the single computer or lab where it was created.
8. While it took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
9. There are approximately 1.06 billion instant messaging accounts worldwide.
10. Two-thirds of American Internet users shop online.